This charming cottage is in the countryside, but it’s not as far-flung as you might think. Located in the borough of New Hope, Pennsylvania, it’s about an hour’s drive from Philly and an hour and a half from New York City. This home is small — just under 1,300 square feet — but it’s brimming with charming details (exposed beams! fireplaces!) and thoughtful updates.
- 6753 Phillips Mill Road, New Hope, PA
- Located in picturesque Bucks County
- 2 bed/2 bath, 1,296 square feet on 2.5 acres
- Property website
Things We Love About This Property Crush:
- Pretty much everything
- As all storybook homes do, this home has a name — Sheildaig Croft. Feel free to say it in your best fake Scottish accent.
- The home was built in 1705. (Let that sink in.)
- A small summer house is a short walk from the main house with a pergola and outdoor seating area. Guess who’s hosting all the parties this summer?
- The kitchen is a mix of old and new with a stainless steel double door fridge and a Wolf range with Viking hood, farmhouse sink and open shelving.
- The master bath has had quite an update since 1705 including a free-standing tub, a marble sink and heated towel rack.
- Did I mention the babbling brook? Hrm, I didn’t see one either but this place feels like it should have one. Well, it does have a lovely water feature with a fountain.
Could this be the home for you? The home is listed by Fox & Roach if you’d like to learn more.
Are you on the house hunt, or just the type of person who loves browsing real estate listings, even when you’re not in the market for a new home? Property Crush is a column where we feature actual real estate listings that get the Apartment Therapy seal of approval in regards to style (we haven’t done home inspections or anything, so don’t sue us). If you see a listing you think we’d like, email our tip line at email@example.com.