As a renter who loves the look of wallpaper, I’m constantly tempted to try peel-and-stick versions, but the installation (no matter how easy the instructions claim it is) seems like such an ordeal that I’ve avoided temp wallpaper altogether. However, sometimes, something comes along that seems worth the effort, and right now, for me, that’s lemon-motif wallpaper. It might just get me to bite the bullet and curse my way through hanging some in my apartment.
I know it might seem a little odd to be fixated on lemon wallpaper of all things, but ever since I laid eyes on Schumacher’s Citrus Garden a few years back, I knew that my home would eventually be graced with the zesty, youthful print (or at least one like it). To show you that I’m not totally crazy, I’ve gathered a handful of images of smile-inducing rooms sporting lemon-printed walls.
Above: The image in the lead of this post is from online retailer Wall Flora Shop (shopping details in the gallery below). While I’d likely restrict lemon wallpaper to the kitchen or dining area in my own home, I can’t help but be tempted to put it in a bedroom!
When you think of lemon wallpaper, you’re likely to think of a down-home farmhouse room like this one from Country Living. Totally charming albeit a little old-fashioned, but still completely delightful. A Tulip table is a nice modern foil to the other more traditional elements in the room.
The print that started it all: Schumacher’s Citrus Garden, used here in a bathroom remodel from the textile company’s Instagram account.
So many cleaning and laundry products are lemon-scented, so why not play that up with incredibly adorable lemon wallpaper? Thalita of The Learner Observer used Lovely Lemons Removable Wallpaper by Emma Trithart from Walls Need Love for her laundry room makeover shown here.
I’m sad to report that this lemon wallpaper from Serena & Lily (captured by The College Prepster at the brand’s Westport store last year) is no longer available, but I’ll cross my fingers that the mouthwatering design will be back one day (by popular demand?).
Miranda, the “maker mama” from Live Free Creative, recently made over her young daughter’s bedroom into a “big girl room”. With a name like Plum, you’d think she would have gone with wallpaper emblazoned with the purple stone fruit, however, she opted for a lemon wallcovering instead, and I’m not mad at it.
Inspired enough to add some lemony goodness to your home’s walls? Flip through this roundup of our favorites right now (most of which are removable!)
- Lemon Wallpaper at Wallflora Shop, Starting at $19 for 24″ Square Sheet
- Lemon Fresh Peel-and-Stick Wallpaper by Kelly Ventura at Chasing Paper, $40 for 2’x4′ Panel
- Lemon Peel-and-Stick Wallpaper by Soludos/Homepolish at Chasing Paper, $40 for 2’x4′ Panel
- Lovely Lemons Removable Wallpaper by Emma Trithart at Walls Need Love, $48 for 2’x4′ Panel
- Lemon Self-Adhesive Removable Wallpaper by Floral Coloray at Etsy, Starting at $34 for 23.5″x48″ Panel
- Reusable Lemon Wallpaper by Rocky Mountain Decals at Etsy, Starting at $32 for 22″x48″ Panel
- Lemon Watercolor Removable Wallpaper by Street Workshop at Etsy, Starting at $66 for 24″x72″ Panel
- Lemons at Urban Walls, $49 for 55 Decals Lemon Removable Wallpaper at Houzz, $48 for 2’x4′ Panel
- Lemons by Mamanourse at Spoonflower, Starting at $60 for 2’x12′ Roll
- Lemon, Lemon by Dariara at Spoonflower, Starting at $60 for 2’x12′ Roll
- Pink Lemonade by Mintpeony at Spoonflower, Starting at $60 for 2’x12′ Roll
- Lemony Breeze by Laveroniquedesign at Spoonflower, Starting at $60 for 2’x12′ Roll