Rattan pendants are essentially upside down baskets (without handles) with a light in them, and we love them the same anyway. They add undeniable character due to their texture and handmade quality to a home. We love them in pairs over a kitchen island, on their own as a statement chandelier in a bedroom or living room…basically, wherever they land, they’re fantastic. Whether you’re into the whole boho aesthetic or not, these are worth a look. Consider us obsessed.
(Image credit: Julia Van Arsdale)
Ashley Redmond, Head of Design for popular E-design company Decorist, added instant character to her 500-square-foot tiny “treehouse” with a rattan pendant over her petite dining area.
Should you have a long island in your kitchen like the one here from Lisa Sherry Interieurs, a pair of rattan pendants directly above it is a great way to add warmth to a space that traditionally feels pretty sterile.
We’ve always loved this IKEA pendant, and think it looks fantastic in just about every space it inhabits, including this dining room from The Glitter Guide.
Just a hint of texture via the rattan chair and pendant, and chunky throw is enough to take this minimal, pared down bedroom from Domino to a place that feels welcoming and cozy.
Another dining room from The Glitter Guide featuring a minimal rattan pendant light. Here, it bridges the gap between the modern Saarinen-style table and the wholesome wood dining chairs.
Oh yes, House Beautiful! You need quite a voluminous room to support three oversize pendants like these, but if there’s a takeaway here is that no matter the color, the natural material pairs wonderfully with a wood table (don’t worry about it matching perfectly!).
Ready to add some rattan lighting to your home? Check out some of our favorites right now:
- Archer Black Pendant Light at Cb2, $299
- Bailey Pendant at Ballard Designs, $111.74 (on sale)
- Basket Weave Bamboo Pendant Shade at World Market, $69.99
- Black Woven Bamboo Pendant Shade at World Market, $69.99
- Headlands Pendant at Serena & Lily, $328
- Hermosa Pendant at Serena & Lily, Starting at $258
- HK Living Extra Large Rattan Shade at Luumo, $699
- Lace Rattan Light, Black at Milly + Eugene, $179
- Laika Large Pendant Light, White at Blu Dot, $599
- Lamlam Round Wicker 1-Light Inverted Pendant at AllModern, $216.99
- Margherita Missoni Basket Pendant Basket Black at Pottery Barn Kids, $89.99 (on sale)
- Nassa Basket Pendant Light at CB2, $299
- Palecek Green Oaks Oversized Pendant at Candelabra, $1,868.31
- Rattan Lamp Shade by a Modern Medina at Etsy, $60.79
- Roost Avaca Woven Pendant, Oblong at Modish Store, $300
- Santa Barbara Pendant at Serena & Lily, $298
- Selamat Large Cordial Hanging Pendant at Candelabra, $180
- Selamat Medium Calabash Hanging Pendant at The Mine, $247.50
- Serena Pendant at Houzz, $2,000
- SINNERLIG Pendant Lamp at IKEA, $59.99