We all know that people experience love in different ways. Some people want affection, others need praise, and for others, actions speak louder than words. Here are some tips to help you show your love or say it in other ways.
- Practice random acts of kindness with your partner. When the one you love needs a little help, just lend a hand. If your partner is too tired to walk the dog or do the dishes, take on the task just to show you see and that you care.
- Leave coded messages. Today, with all the communication tools we have, it is possible to stay in very close touch with the one you love. Sending little text hearts and love notes is a great way to keep the heart fires burning.
- Do nice things for no reason. When you bring home flowers or prepare a special meal, it tells your partner that you are taking extra measures to show you care. These are acts of love, and they will be felt.
- Do all the little things you did when you were courting. Remember opening doors and pulling out chairs? What about telling him how great he looks or treating her so sweetly that other couples blush. It’s a fun goal.
- Ask your love to tell you what you can do. Then follow up. Give to your partner in the ways he or she has wished you would.
- Be kind to your mate’s friends and family. Nothing says “I love you” more than being nice to people who can be a little uncomfortable to be around. We all have relatives and in-laws who may rub us the wrong way, but accepting them as part of the family will make your relationship much closer and easier.
- Sit down and lend your partner a heartfelt ear. You can’t do better than listening to the one you love when he or she has a problem and wants to talk about it. It doesn’t need to be about your relationship. We all have issues when it comes to dealing with life.
- Go to bed an hour early with your mate. Just kiss and cuddle and spend that time in the arms of the one you love. It’s a great way to show your affection and get a bunch back in return. It may be the best hour of the entire day.
- Give little gifts. Small and cheap is fine. It shows you have been thinking of your other half. Small and expensive has its place too, but you don’t have to go overboard. Just the act of giving is a loving action.
- Give spontaneous hugs and kisses. Being affectionate throughout the day is a great way to show someone you care. Don’t be stingy with your love.
Finding out what your partner responds to is as simple as asking the question, “What can I do to show you I truly love you?” The very act of asking is yet another way of showing that you love the one you’re with.