If you feel like the current (growing) list of prominent male figures accused of sexual harassment and assault is narrowing the stand-up and TV options you can feel good about, never fear: There are a ton of projects and stand-up specials by women comedians you can stream right now.
Netflix has the lockdown on a lot of stand-up specials, unless you opt for an HBO or Showtime add-on with Hulu, but there are still plenty of choices. And who needs Louis CK when we’ve got Tig Notaro? Her Amazon show, One Mississippi, has two seasons on Amazon – plus, there’s her documentary on Netflix.
Here’s a (by no means exhaustive) list to get you started.
- Sarah Silverman, A Speck of Dust
- Jen Kirkman, Just Keep Livin’
- Beth Stelling, The Standups
- Maria Bamford, Old Baby (along with her bombshell show, Lady Dynamite)
- Margaret Cho, Psycho
- Lynne Koplitz, Hormonal Beast
- Ali Wong, Baby Cobra
- Jessica Williams’s movie, The Incredible Jessica James
- Chelsea Peretti, One of the Greats
- Anjelah Johnson, Not Fancy
Amazon Prime Video
- Sarah Silverman, I Love You, America (Hulu original series)
- Not stand-up, but you can watch the first three seasons of Broad City with the hilarious Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer
YouTube and/or Spotify
Tiffany Haddish, Mo’Nique, Sommore, Jena Friedman, Aparna Nancherla, Phoebe Robinson, Nikki Glaser, Janeane Garofalo, Cameron Esposito, Rhea Butcher, Laurie Kilmartin, Fortune Feimster, Emily Heller, Sara Schaefer, Alice Fraser. Literally everyone else. Check out their clips!
This doesn’t even get into awesome women comedy podcasts, which could be a whole different list. For now, who did we miss? Let us know in the comments.