Day in the Life: A Crazy Saturday

I love to read “Day in the Life” posts from other bloggers.  I just love seeing how people spend their time and collecting little snippets of ideas that I can introduce with my own family.  If you like these posts, too, check out my past Day in the Life posts here.  

Saturdays are always busy.  But Saturdays in May are especially crazy around my house.  As the school year ends, we have end of year parties and celebrations, in addition to our regular run-of-the-mill Saturday activities.  It is a really fun time of year, but it definitely has to be managed and planned down to the minute or else we are just a mess.  And, sometimes, even with schedules and plans, we are still a hot mess.  Like this past Saturday.  Come, join our crazy circus for a day.  Here we go…


Gracie and I were up bright and early to watch the royal wedding.  She is fascinated that there are real royal families around.  So am I, really.  So, we curled up on the couch and I pointed out all the prince and princesses to her and we gasped at the carriage ride that was “just like Cinderella.”  It was so much fun.


It was time to rally the troops and get everyone up and moving for the day.  Our afternoon was going to be busy, busy, busy and we needed to get all of our chores done early in the day.  We were hosting our Girl Scout troop’s bridging ceremony at our house later in the day, so we really made sure the house looked nice.


It started to look like we weren’t going to be able to borrow the bridge for the bridging ceremony from our previous Cub Scout pack, so I started quickly searching on Pinterest for alternative ideas for a bridge.  The best I found used balloons to mark the beginning and end of the bridge, so I ran up to Publix and picked up ten balloons.


Came home to find that Chris had been able to get the actual bridge, so now I had ten extra balloons in my life.  I ended up putting them on either side of the bridge as decoration and it looked really cute.  With that crisis over, I laid down for a little bit while Chris fed the kids lunch.  I had not slept very well the night before and the early-morning wedding had worn me out!


My mom arrived and we started getting the house decorated for the bridging ceremony.  We hung her clouds, set out the food, and organized our prizes and awards for the girls.


Families began to arrive for the bridging ceremony.


Bean was picked up by friends to take him to a birthday party.  I didn’t even know he left and, honestly, didn’t even notice until about 3:00… not my finest parenting moment!


The bridging ceremony ended, but families were still staying to socialize and hang out.  Chris left and took Gracie to a birthday party for one of her best little girlfriends.


Our guests leave the party and I get a call from Chris saying he is stuck at the birthday party and could I go get Bean.  But then we remembered we were down a car this week, so I had no car.  Chris left Gracie with another parent at the birthday party and swung by the house to pick me up before we headed across town to pick Bean up by 5:00.  We didn’t get there until 5:15 because of rain and traffic.  I apologized profusely, but then we had to run so we weren’t late to pick Gracie up, too!


We pick Gracie up at her birthday party on the OTHER other side of town.  When we got there, we discovered the party had been a little bit of a mess and the kids hadn’t finished all their activities, so we hung out for a while.  Even Bean got to play for a while, too.  The party was at a place called “The Main Event.”  It is pretty new here in Orlando, but it is awesome!  They have a fun arcade, bowling, an obstacle course in the ceiling, a bar and restaurant, laser tag, a rock wall… So much stuff to do!


We finally head home and pick up Chick-fil-a on the way because I could not imagine cooking anything and it was pouring outside and… do you really need a reason for CFA???  Speaking of which, have your tried their Spicy Southwest Salad?  I get it with the chili lime vinaigrette.  It rocks my socks.


We make it home with dinner and all get on our jammies.  We pile into the family room with our bagged dinners and Chris and I introduced the kids to the classic, “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.”  One of my favorites and now one of the kids favorites, too!


We ALL head to bed!  (Except Chris who stayed up to watch the hockey playoffs.)

No idle hands around this house on Saturdays!  I complain sometimes about having to run all over the place, but I remind myself that I will miss these days one day.  What’s that saying?  The days are long, but the years are short?  Yeah.  That.

The post Day in the Life: A Crazy Saturday appeared first on Marriage Confessions.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s